Looking for a few good reads in 2016?
Here is a list of books I'm planning to read over the next couple of months! Some are new reads, while others are some old favorites that I want to reread.
1. Thriving Youth Ministry in Smaller Churches, Rick Chromey & Stephanie Caro
2. 99 Thoughts for Smaller Church Youth Workers, Stephanie Caro
3. 99 Thoughts for Small Group Leaders, Josh Griffin (Re-Read)
4. The Lost World of Genesis One, John H. Walton
5. The Historical Adam, Lamouruex, Walton, Collins, Barrick, Boyd, Ryken
6. The Next Evangelicalism, Soong-Chan Rah
7. Divided by Faith, Michael O. Emerson & Christian Smith
8. Homosexuality and the Christian, Mark A Yarhouse, PsyD
9. 99 Thoughts for Parents of Teenagers, Walt Mueller
10. Simply Leading, Ken and Bob Shull
11. Getting Fired for the Glory of God, Collected Words of Mike Yaconelli
12. Family-Base Youth Ministry, Mark DeVries (Re-Read)
13. UnChristian, David Kinnaman & Gabe Lyons
14. Girls' ministry 101, Whitney Prosperi (Re-Read)
15. The Deliberate Church, Mark Dever & Paul Alexander
16. Junior High Ministry, Wayne Rice (Re-Read)
17. The 9 Best Practices fro Youth Ministry, Kurt Johnston & Tim Levert (Re-Read)
18. Creating an Intimate Marriage, Jim Burns (Re-Read)
19. Angels, David Jeremiah
20. To Live is Christ To Die is Gain, Matt Chandler
If you have read any of them, I'd love to hear your thoughts on them. Comment below!
And thanks for reading!
Jay Higham is a 24 year veteran of student ministry; having worked with students in the local church and Christian camping settings. Jay is currently the Youth Director at Hickory Church, located in Western PA. Jay has been married to Amy for 19 years. Together, they are raising 5 kids, 4 boys and 1 little girl. Jay is passionate about student ministry, family ministry, and caring for the hearts of husbands. You can learn more about their ministry to the family and husband by visiting their family blog at, www.TheHighamFamily.com and www.TheGoodHusbandBlog.com!
Jay Higham is a veteran youth worker of over 28 years; having worked with students in the local church and Christian camping settings. Jay is currently serving as the director of family ministry at a church, located in West Virginia. Jay has been married to Amy for over 23 years. Together, they are raising 5 kids, (4 boys and 1 girl). Jay is an aspiring author, blogger, speaker, vlogger, and social media junkie. He is passionate about student ministry, family ministry, and training youth workers to love and serve their students with passion and excellence.