We walked into week two of our season for online ministry with our students. We jumped on Facebook again and had a great time with our students! Found a new software package that allows for screen sharing. I'm going to give it one more week of usage before sharing the details with you! Watch for that in the next couple of days.
In the meantime, here's the recap of our student gathering this past Tuesday, March 24th!
Date: Tuesday, March 24th, 2020
Theme for the Night: C3Students LIVE
Series Title: The Wrong Crowd
Message Title: Thinking about how we live with Jesus...
- Handwashing Countdown - DYM.
- I welcomed everyone to our Facebook LIVE and gave an update on the church's position with Covid'19.
Announcements: 3 minutes
- Shared an invitation for our upcoming Zoom Meet Up.
- Encouraged everyone to stay connected through social media.
Game: 20 minutes
- Scrambled: I picked up Scrambled from DYM. I took the first five words, created slides and used them for a quick game. I share the slide on screen for five seconds, then took it down and had the kids respond with what they thought might be the correct response in the comments. First student to respond in the comments with the correct word won! Our five winners each won a $5 gift card to Starbucks!
Worship: 15 minutes
- No Worship, accept, I did play Unstoppable God by Elevation Worship. Instead of singing along, we asked the student to meditate on the lyrics. We followed up by asking for their favorite worship songs. We'll use their responses for songs in the future.
Message: 25 minutes
- The Wrong Crowd
- Our church subscribes to RightNow Media, a great resource with a ton of great titles, tools, and materials for the church. I used a video illustration called, The Wrong Crowd, to introduce our short devotion. We talked about Saul's conversion, and how Jesus changed everything about Paul! We liken the change to how God is changing us. We asked the students to consider what their lives look like? What's changed? Are we still hanging with the wrong crowd? Or, is God changing our relationship?
Jay Higham is a veteran youth worker of over 28 years; having worked with students in the local church and Christian camping settings. Jay is currently serving as the director of family ministry at a church, located in West Virginia. Jay has been married to Amy for over 23 years. Together, they are raising 5 kids, (4 boys and 1 girl). Jay is an aspiring author, blogger, speaker, vlogger, and social media junkie. He is passionate about student ministry, family ministry, and training youth workers to love and serve their students with passion and excellence.